Membership and Administration Officer
Casual, up to 15 hrs/week
Work from Home
Want to advance academic public health across Australasia? Join our small powerhouse team! Flexible & WFH. This is a wonderful opportunity for a strong administrator seeking flexibility and purpose or a MPH student wanting experience in the industry.
CAPHIA is the peak body for academic public health across Australasia. We advance public health education, research and workforce development to improve the health and quality of life of our communities. We work with our members (universities and aligned institutions) to provide professional development, advocate for the industry and enhance our strategic partnership to deepen our impact.
About the role
We are a small dynamic team seeking a casual Membership and Administration Officer for up to 15hours / week. The contract is until March 10th 2023 with the possibility of extension and conversion to part time. The Membership and Administration Officer will be an attention-to-details superstar who will deliver exceptional service to our members. The incumbent will create a number of professional documents- agenda papers, reports, website posts and social media campaigns to support our operations. Working closely with the Executive Director, the incumbent will provide:
- Administrative and Committee Support
- Membership Services
- Communications and Events Management.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills including scheduling meetings and events, minute-taking and committee paper development.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare a range of written professional communication using MS Word and/or Google Docs.
- Experience developing spreadsheets and reports using MS Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Project coordination, including demonstrated ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Initiative and demonstrated ability to work in a flexible manner as part of a small team.
- Strong customer service focus, interpersonal skills and experience working with a range of professionals.
Tertiary qualification in public health, project or event management, communications, education, or other relevant areas and / or equivalent experience in related sector/s.
Experience in working in membership services, events or communications in the health and/or university sector.
Experience with design tools such as Canva and website management such as WordPress.
How to apply
Want to find out more? Please read the position description.
To apply, please prepare a brief cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria for the role along with your CV and email to by 5pm Sunday 2nd October 2022.