By Us, For Us:
Targeted programs, events and services for public health early career academics & higher degree research students
The CAPHIA Early Career Committee comprise members from across Australasia and works to develop and deliver programs, events and services to support early-career academics (ECA) postgraduate and higher degree research (HDR) students in public health and early career public health professionals.
2023-2024 Early Career Academic Committee members are:
- Dr Nathan Dawes, James Cook University (Chair)
- Dr Vivian Romero, Central Queensland University (Deputy Chair)
- Dr Helen Scudamore, University of Melbourne (Secretary)
- Dr Sheik Alif, Federation University
- Dr Holly Wild, Monash University
- Dr Sam Cassar, University of Melbourne
- Dr Elise Rivera, Central Queensland University
- Dr Mikaela Wheeler, University of Queensland
- To inform their Program of work, the refreshed ECA Committee ran a needs assessment
- The Committee are also trailing a monthly virtual catch up as a drop in networking event for early career professionals in public health. Subscribe here.
- In 2024, the Committee will commence a Blog to share career pathways of both early career and experience public health professionals