The final seminar in the four-part Professional Development series was held on 6 December 2022. Five presentations by experienced and early career academics examined key considerations in applying for promotion at the early career stage and beyond and preparing to enter academia as an HDR student. Topics include how to know when to apply for promotion, choosing and presenting the best evidence for your application, lessons from unsuccessful applications, perspectives from the point of view of a promotion panel, and strategies for preparing to apply for academic positions as a PhD student.
- Dr Ankur Singh; University of Melbourne
- Dr Sophia Lin; University of New South Wales
- A/Prof Aziz Rahman; Federation University
- A/Prof Rebecca Fanany; Central Queensland University
- A/Prof Sue Devine; James Cook University