2022 CAPHIA Awards
Prof Janaki Amin & A Prof Basia Diug
On behalf of a Academic Development Working Group we are thrilled to share further details about the 2022 CAPHIA Awards.
The CAPHIA awards recognises, celebrates and promotes innovation and excellence in public health teaching within Australasia. The award for the very best and brightest educators serves to encourage and inspire the many generations to come and uplift the quality of public health education.
List of awards available:
- CAPHIA Medal (1 medal: individual)
- Scholarship Informed Teaching and Learning (2 awards: individual and team).
- Teaching Innovation (2 awards: individual and team)
- Teaching Excellence (3 awards: Early Career Academics (ECA), individual and team)
All “teaching and learning” assessed in these awards pertains to public health curriculum development and delivery. Research supervision is excluded from assessment in these awards. “Evidence” listed under each award are provided as examples only. Diverse examples of evidence are supported. Awards are dependent on merit and may not be awarded.
CAPHIA Award eligibility criteria
For all the awards announced nominees:must be affiliated with a member organisation and
- meet the defined criteria
- must be actively involved in the member institution
- submission must be based on current contribution to the member institution
- application must be support by the Head of School/Department or CAPHIA representative
- Only one submission will be accepted per category from each member institution
Successful awardees will be:
- invited to present work related to their submission to the CAPHIA network increasing their national and international profile
- provided with a scholarship for the next CAPHIA Teaching and Learning Forum.
Further details can be found at: caphia.com.au/awards.
Download the 2022 CAPHIA Award Submission Guide.